BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 19, 2012

Snow on a funeral day


Never did it cross my mind until that very day... I walked into that funeral home; the snow that lit up the gray... I watched my mom as she told me about how much my dad had loved it so... A new perspective hit me harder then I would ever know... Snow that seemed so ugly, cold, and a burden to bare... Now became the answer to my upsetting parayer. When I see it snowing I think back to the day when all the snow was fallen... And you weren't yet gone away... You were taking the dog for a walk and asked me to go... Christmas that year was a hard one you asked me to take a walk through the snow... We talked about how you loved me and I rolled my eyes and looked away... Never had I cried so hard before your dying day... I thought you ruined Christmas; I was so upset to find out that Santa Claus wasn't real... This holiday means nothing now, ruining Christmas wasn't part of the deal... Now that your dead I swear I see you standing in the snow...

As if your waiting for me to come, asking me to go... A memory that is so bad but also helped me see, the snow is like your love for me. When it snows I no longer see the bitter cold, I see my dad's love again starting to unfold.
 
Oct. 28, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment