BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Belong Here

I see the young girl crying, she has no one there.
She is freezing cold, and her feet are wet and bare.
I see the tired father returning home each and every day,
He works his hardest but he still gets smallest pay.
I see the older brother dying inside with each and every blow,
those bullies do not understand, they will never know.
I see the mother suffering through the hurt, she sad and torn.
I see her try to mend the scars that she once had worn.
I see the uncle in his room he cant help it but get high
as his young two sons struggle to get by.
I see the grandma suffering the loss of her one true love,
losing faith in the heaven that she thought was above.
I see the aunt applying for every job that she sees,
but she needs the that will get her off her praying knees.
But even though this family has suffered so much more
they get together every night knowing there is more in store.
They share the smallest rations of food on the table every night,
and still stick together even when one loses sight.
I always wished for something more, but little did I see.
This down trodden place is where I'm meant to be.

(Free Verse)

No comments:

Post a Comment